Nothing Added - no chemicals, additives, preservatives, fillers, or flowing agents
Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet.
They are loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain.
A 1 ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2
150 x Whole Raw Chia Seed 800mg
- Chia is packed full of antioxidants, with studies showing 3 times the amounts contained in blueberries!
- Chia contains twice the amount of potassium as a banana, and 3 times as much iron as spinach.
- Chia is very high in protein, and rich in omega-3 oils, absolutely vital for a healthy brain, and making it a great supplement for vegetarians who may struggle to get their daily recommended doses.
- Chia is high in fibre, and extremely absorbent, aiding digestion, and allowing the body more time to ingest water as the seeds pass through our system.
- Reports suggest that chia seeds may help weight loss, by slowing the speed our bodies break down carbohydrates, which stabilizes blood sugar levels, and even by blocking some uptake of calories. And since the seeds retain so much water, they can help a dieter feel fuller for longer!
- The trace minerals found in Chia are wide ranging, and include calcium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc and magnesium- all vital for a healthy body.
- Studies show that chia seeds can lower cholesterol and blood pressure, since it contains alpha-linolenic acid, which reduces plaque build-up in arteries.
- Chia may aid sleep; it contains tryptophan, an amino acid that works with serotonin in the brain to naturally promote sleep.